||TMS Aluminum Cast Shop Science & Technology Course
Registration is now open for the TMS 2017 Aluminum Cast Shop Science & Technology Course (Cast Shop 17). The event will be held June 19 - 23, at the Aluar Aluminio Argentino plant in Puerto Madryn, Chubut, Argentina. Make sure you sign up to attend by May 19, 2017.
Focused exclusively on cast shop and targeted toward operations, this week-long immersive course will cover the science and technology of key cast shop processes for primary and secondary aluminum smelters. A plant tour at Aluar Aluminio Argentino, this year’s course location, is also included in the registration fee. Specific topics to be covered during this course include:
- Cast Shop Safety
- Liquid Preparation
- Direct Chill (DC) Casting
- Chain Conveyor Ingot Process
- Continuous Casting Processes
- Science and Practice of Homogenization of Extrusion Billets and Rolling Slabs, Including Defects
- Analysis of Life Cycle and Environmental Aspects
More details can be found on the Course Curriculum page of the website.